Joaquim Bernà i Torres wrote the following post Wed, 06 Jan 2021 12:13:16 +0100

Catalunya trenca el mínim històric de temperatura, seixanta-cinc anys després del rècord


https://www.vilaweb.cat/noticies/temperatura-minima-historica-catalunya-34-graus-negatius/

- via @VilaWeb@mastodont.cat

"...In the middle of #California is the Central Valley, a 60,000-square-mile, mostly flat piece of open arid land that has been cleared of its former #ecosystem in order to perform large-scale #agriculture. A small fraction of it is covered in plants and water (if we're being generous, say 10 percent). The remainder (say 90 percent) is bare, hardened, mostly unplanted dirt and reflective urban/suburban surfaces."

Severe climate-driven loss of native molluscs reported off Israel’s coast

Most devastating #climate-driven loss of #ocean life has been reported in the eastern #Mediterranean, one of the fastest warming places.
Native #mollusc populations along the coast of #Israel have collapsed by about 90% in recent decades because they cannot tolerate the increasingly hot water which raises concerns about the wider #ecosystem and neighbouring regions.

theguardian.com/environment/20

#ClimateCrisis #Extinction

...El Rècord Meteorològic a Catalunya!!!...⚠️☃️☃️☃️

🔴 RÈCORD HISTÒRIC | Catalunya assoleix els -34,1º C, la temperatura més baixa mai abans registrada a casa nostra

🌡❄️Un cop es validi oficialment, aquest valor extrem registrat al Pirineu superaria els històrics -32º C de l’any 1956 a l'Estany Gento, que fins ara era el rècord!!!

👉🏼 Més informació: bit.ly/38gZisp

#MEDIAMBIENT | L'empresa Liquats Vegetals S.A. vol perforar 28 pous i extreure'n aigua. Entitats veïnals i ecologistes denuncien que el projecte acabarà amb el cabal de la riera Major del #Montseny. Un reportatge de @dvdbou.

Vídeo sencer d'@aleeix91 👉 directa.cat/yosoy-els-liquats-
nitter.mastodont.cat/La_Direct

2020-12-23 08:20:04

[1] Morcegos brancos hondureños dormen xuntos aniñados en follas xigantes.

Murciélagos blancos hondureños duermen juntos acurrucados en hojas gigantes.

#Naturaleza #Animales
Fuente: es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ectophyl

Mostra els més vells
mastodont.cat, xarxa social pels catalans d'arreu.

Servidor social en català per a la comunitat de llengua i cultura catalanes d'arreu d'internet.